Trump threatens Oman as the country negotiates Hormuz route with Iran

News

發佈: 2026-08-18 20:34

撰文: 無綫新聞

  • Facebook分享

US President Donald Trump calls concerns about the condition

on board the USS Abraham Lincoln "fake" following days of reports that puts

the state of the American military force in question as the Iran war drags on.

Trump also threatens Oman as it works with Iran on a plan to

manage shipping through the Strait of Hormuz.

Also in Iran, a Hamas representative says the group will not disarm as long as

"occupying forces" continue to exert influence in Gaza.

US President Donald Trump calls concerns about the conditions on the

USS Abraham Lincoln "fake news" during a meeting with

reporters at the Oval Office.

The aircraft carrier has been the subject of escalating concerns

over mental health and supply issues for American sailors

enduring nearly nine months at sea since the start of the Iran war.

And following his offhand comment last week about making

the Strait of Hormuz "US territory" amid negotiations surrounding

the passage of the crucial oil shipping waterway,

Trump seemingly adds fuel to the already intense talks by saying

he would "bomb the ass out of Oman,"

if the Gulf Arab country got in the way of reopening the Strait

as it continues talks with Iran.

Trump goes on to say he is doesn't think Oman is "behaving very well"

in the process of negotiating a Memorandum of Understanding with Iran.

As to the state of talks with Iran, specifically the negotiations surrounding

denuclearisation and the Hormuz blockade he says Iran will not have a nuclear weapon and the US will continue its blockade on the strait.

Meanwhile, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmail Baghaei tells

reporters in Tehran "an understanding has been reached" with Oman

"regarding the map of transit route."

Though Baghaei stops short at elaborating on details on toll fees.

This as Iran closed the strait following long drawn-out negotiations

with the US.

Also in Iran, meanwhile, is Hamas representative Khaled Qaddoumi

who is making clear the group will not disarm as long as the

"occupying force" exists, as the US attempts to salvage the

Gaza peace plan.

This after US negotiator and Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner

held a rare meeting with the Hamas chief on Sunday.

Kushner then met with Israeli President Isaac Herzog and

the Board of Peace High Representative Nickolay Mladenov

afterwards in an attempt to broker a roadmap to peace

following Prime Minister Benjamin

Netanyahu's rejection of a 15-point peace deal with Hamas last week.

熱門新聞