Speaking about the recent rehearsals at the Hong Kong side of the Huanggang Port, Secretary for Security Chris Tang says the events revealed areas that require improvement at the facility which were subsequently handled.
He stresses the port building will only be opened once clearance tests reach satisfactory levels.
Two large-scale rehearsals at the newest Hong Kong side of the Huanggang Port were held earlier this month with a total of 6,000 civil servants having participated in the events.
Secretary for Security Chris Tang notes the rehearsals were largely smooth, but some improvements are still necessary.
So far we have two major rehearsals on the 13th and 15th of August.
We aim to test under stress -- can the public transport interchange handle the traffic and also the immigration and also the custom counter.
Can they handle such a volume of people, and so far the test is satisfactory.
Of course we have observed a few points that we can further improve.
For example, notice about the direction and also how to line up for the people to wait for the buses.
Tang says the government has already implemented measures to improve lacking areas in the port building's operations.
This as authorities will deploy another 10,000 individuals and 1,000 vehicles to take part in another rehearsal at the facility this Saturday.
The secretary for security mentions all aspects of the facility are still currently being adjusted, adding that its opening date will depend on when the required changes are completed.
Tang further says there will be at least one rehearsal in the future which will involve the participation of Shenzhen authorities.


