WHO gives update about Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo

發佈日期: 2026-05-20 21:31
TVB News
無綫新聞 TVB News
無綫新聞 TVB News
無綫新聞 TVB News
已複製連結
WHO's representative in the DRC Dr. Anne Ancia told reporters that there are more than 500 suspected cases of Ebola, including 130 suspected deaths but only 30 cases have been confirmed in the country so far.

Speaking from Bunia in Ituri province where cases were initially detected, she said the outbreak has reached North Kivu with confirmed cases in Butembo and Goma with Uganda confirming two imported cases.

The WHO Director-General said  he is deeply concerned about the scale and speed of the epidemic.

He said that the UN health agency will convene its emergency committee Tuesday to advise on recommendations.

The head of Africa's Centres for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday,there were three experimental vaccines being focused on to assess their efficacy, in fighting the new outbreak of a rare type of Ebola.

He told a briefing in Kinshasa the vaccine developed by German pharmaceutical company Merck was currently the leading option.

無綫新聞 TVB News
無綫新聞 TVB News
無綫新聞 TVB News