Global tariff case's ruling can come as early as Friday
發佈日期: 2026-02-20 20:53
TVB News


The US Supreme Court could rule as early as Friday on the legality of President Donald Trump's global tariffs. The hearing started in November last year. US President Donald Trump on Thursday defended his global tariff measures at a steel manufacturing factory in Georgia. "Without tariffs, this country will be in such trouble right now. Without tariffs, this country will be like your company two years ago. What a difference it made. And you know who brought the case against us? People that are China-oriented; people that have business in China that want to rip us off and keep ripping us off and that the tariffs have stopped us. And not only China, other countries too." The owner of the steel factory said Trump's tariff measures had brought them benefits. In April last year, the White House unleashed sweeping tariffs to more than a hundred of countries and regions using the International Emergency Economic Powers Act. Scott Bessent, US Treasury Secretary said it would be a disaster for the Trump administration if the president lost the case because the government could be required to refund half of the tariffs.
