52-year-old owner of dog in Yuen Long mauling attack granted bail

News

发布: 2026-08-20 19:30

撰文: 無綫新聞

  • Facebook分享

The owner of a dog involved in a fatal attack on smaller canines in Yuen Long has been charged under the Dangerous Dogs Regulation and appeared at Tuen Mun Magistrates' Courts today.

The 52-year-old defendant, Ng Shui-ting, was granted bail, with the case adjourned until October.

Ng appeared in court donning a black baseball cap and a face mask.

He was released on bail after the hearing but did not respond to questions from reporters.

Ng is the owner of a large dog named Larry, which allegedly mauled three dogs outside YOHO MALL in Yuen Long last month and again this month, leaving two canines dead and one injured.

He faces two charges under the Dangerous Dogs Regulation, relating to allegedly failing to securely restrain a large dog on a leash in a public place.

He was not required to enter a plea at this stage.

The case was adjourned until October 29.

Ng was granted 3,000-dollar cash bail and was barred from leaving Hong Kong.

He is also prohibited from contacting prosecution witnesses.

The dog, Larry, is a Spanish Mastiff and has reportedly been abandoned three times.

It was taken in by its current owner more than a year ago and was kept with another dog at Tung Shing Lei in Yuen Long, where residents said the animals were allowed to roam freely around the village.

Larry is currently being held at an animal management centre operated by the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department while undergoing observation.

The department said the owner has signed a consent form handing over custody of the dog to the AFCD.

The dog will undergo a temperament assessment, which will determine how it will be dealt with.

The department previously said it had not ruled out euthanizing the dog.

The AFCD also said it had not ruled out bringing additional charges against the owner under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Ordinance.

热门新闻